Associate since 2004
Location: Santa Ana, California
Phone: (866) 434-1424
Michael Penn obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science with an emphasis in international relations, graduating with honors from the University of California at Santa Barbara in 1998. He studied abroad at Sophia University in Tokyo, Japan, from 1996 to 1997 and returned to Tokyo after graduation to work for Toyo Corporation. Mr. Penn obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from Chapman University School of Law in 2004, and was elected student commencement speaker.
In May 2003, Mr. Penn began working at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn as a law clerk focusing on law and motion matters. He was promoted to an associate after passing the July bar exam in 2004. He specializes in litigation with an emphasis in wrongful death, products liability and premises liability.
Mr. Penn is currently Chairman of the Orange County Association of Business Trial Lawyers’ Leadership Development Committee and Co-Chairman of the Orange County Bar Association Products Liability Section. Mr. Penn also serves as an attorney coach for the Canyon High School Mock Trial Team in Anaheim, California, and as a Local Board Member of the California Selective Service System for Region III.
Mr. Penn previously served as 2008 Chairman of the Orange County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division. He also served on the Board of Governors for the Orange County Asian American Bar Association.
Michael Penn has been named a Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star by Los Angeles Magazine in 2007, 2008, and 2009.
Currently, Michael Penn is a member of the Orange County Bar Association, the Orange County Asian American Bar Association, the Celtic Bar Association, the Consumer Attorneys of California, the Orange County Hispanic Bar Association, the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, and the Warren J. Ferguson Inn of Court.
Michael and his wife, Ashleigh, married in 2002 and have two daughters.
Areas of Practice
- Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Premises Liability
- Chapman University School of Law, Orange, California
- Juris Doctorate - 2004
- University of California at Santa Barbara
- Bachelor of Arts - 1998
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Named a Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star by Los Angeles Magazine, 2007 - 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Association, Chairman, Business Trial Lawyers' Leadership Development Committee
- Orange County Bar Association, Products Liability Section, Co-Chairman
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Chairman, 2008
- Orange County Asian American Bar Association, Board of Governors
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Asian American Bar Association, Member
- Celtic Bar Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- Orange County Hispanic Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Warren J. Ferguson Inn of Court, Member